MEM's Commitment to Privacy
We respect your right to privacy. We maintain and use your Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws, including the Data Protection Act of 1998. We do not sell, rent, share or disclose Personal Data to third parties without your prior consent, except in the circumstances described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, your ability to make informed choices about the uses of your information is important to us. This privacy statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Personal Data. The information below provide detailed information about our privacy practices:
Personal Data is information that identifies an individual or that can be reasonably associated with a specific person or entity, such as a name, contact information, telephone number, Internet (IP) address and information about an individual’s purchases and online shopping.
We collect the Personal Data that you provide us, such as when you:
- Register to use ibotta.eu or consent to receive news about specials or other promotions;
- Place an order or purchase products or services, at our warehouse stores or online;
- Contact us for any reason;
- Sign up for or participate in our various Services (see Services below).
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer's IP address or your device ID and operating system, the site from which you linked to us, your site activity, the time and date of your visit, and your purchases. This information may be collected through the use of "cookies" and web beacons (see Cookies below). We also receive information from third parties who help us correct our records, prevent fraud, and provide Services (see Services below) or special promotions or products. We may combine any of this information with the other Personal Data we maintain about you.
The Personal Data we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest and administer your account, including distribution of our own surveys and publications. For example, we may:
- Alert you about product recalls or safety issues;
- Send notifications (via email or SMS/text message) related to your purchases, such as purchase confirmations or delivery schedules;
- If you consent to receive it, provide you with promotional information, such as coupons, offers and product recommendations ("Promotional Information"). You may contact us at any time to decline Promotional Information (see Choice below).
- Sharing of Personal Data
We share information in these circumstances:
- Order Fulfilment
We may provide to a third party information necessary to process a transaction or fulfil an order you have placed with us. However, we give suppliers, and others involved in the distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, and we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
- Service Providers and Contractors
We may contract with others to perform services on our behalf. For example, we retain companies to process debit and credit card payments, ship merchandise, manage our customer care centre, distribute emails, process rebates or analyse and correct or update our data. If any of these service providers need access to your Personal Data, we require them to use it only to perform the services for us. We also require that they maintain the confidentiality of the information and/or return the information to us when they no longer need it.
You may purchase products and services offered by us through third parties, such as financial, travel, insurance and other business and consumer services ("Services"). We may share your name, postal address, email address and membership or subscriber status, number and type ("Information") with these third parties so they may notify you of their offerings, to determine whether, or at what level, you qualify for the products, offerings or services, and to evaluate new and existing products, offerings or services. If you prefer that we do not share Information with these third parties, you can contact us at any time. If you purchase, apply for or request Services, information you provide will be shared directly with the third party offering the Services. These third parties are required to use Personal Data we share only to provide the requested Services. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices and policies before disclosing information to them. Information you provide to third parties, may in turn be shared with us along with information about your use of the services. In some cases, these third parties may require as a condition of providing services to you that you authorise them to share information with us. If we terminate our relationship with a third party, information you provided to them may be returned to us, and we may provide that information to a new third party offering the same or similar services.
In some cases Personal Data may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in order to carry out processes, including but not limited to e-mail communications and customer call-centre services. Costco ensures that Personal Data transferred outside the EEA is maintained with at least the same level of security and protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects that is required under the UK Data Protection Act of 1998. By submitting Personal Data to us you consent to the transfer and storage of your personal data outside the EEA.
It is possible to pay exclusively by PayPal or by your bank account versus MEM bank account. Hence it is not applicable.
We give you choices related to your personal information, and numerous methods to inform us of your decision. Your choice to opt-out will not apply to your spouse and any add-on members.
We will not send you promotional emails or SMS (text) messages unless you explicitly consent to receive them. If you wish to give or withdraw your consent or update your online account information, or if you have questions concerning our information practices, you may call our Customer Care Centre on 00393394098924, or access "My Account" if you are a registered user of ibotta.eu.
Your choice not to receive promotional materials means that we also will not share your information with our providers of Services.
- Cookies; Links and Accessing Costco via a Mobile Device.
- We share your IP address, but no other Personal Data, with Google Analytics in order to obtain data about how our website is accessed and used. If you do not wish your IP address to be tracked for this purpose, you may opt-out of Google Analytics by following the steps found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Finally, we use web beacons to determine when and how many times a page has been viewed. Again, we use this information for our own marketing purposes.
- Links to Other Sites
- Accessing ibotta.eu on Your Mobile Device
- Before we collect or send location –specific information, we will ask for your consent. You may use our apps or mobile site without consenting to this, and you may withdraw your consent by changing your selection within the app. Your general consent to your mobile service provider to allow (or disallow) location-based services does not automatically apply to us.
- Providers who supply the technology necessary for us to provide the app may share in the receipt of automatically collected information. We restrict their use of Personal Information to the purpose of providing services to Costco. In addition, you should review the privacy statements published by your mobile carrier and by your device manufacturer. Either or both of them also may automatically collect information. Costco does not have access to information you provide to or that is automatically collected by these third parties.
- Our apps and mobile site may provide links to MEM's service provider (Register.it SpA a Dada company VAT: IT02826010163).
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children's use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from minors. If you are under 18, you should not provide information on the ibotta.eu website.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement or would like to contact us for any reason, you can call our Customer Care Centre on 00393394098924 or see Contact Us.
We may change this privacy statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the privacy statement the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review our privacy statement to make sure you understand how your Personal Data will be used. If we make a material change to how we use Personal Data and the new uses are unrelated to uses we disclose in this statement, we will communicate the changes in advance.